St. Louis Cemetery
Through the generosity of parishioners and friends of the parish, the cemetery will receive the much needed repairs and updates to the cemetery grounds. Trees and shrubs are removed around the Resurrection Station. The surveying of the plots in the new area is complete. A new drive will be installed to the back plots. Work has begun on the renovation of the St. Francis Shrine. Spring will be a busy season! Please contact Jennie and Pat Tussing (419-669-7007) to volunteer at the cemetery. St. Francis of Assisi, pray for us!
The old St Louis Cemetery was behind the present St Louis School and was used until 1903. It was replaced that year by the present St Louis Cemetery which is a half mile east of this location because the old cemetery was "low and wet and upkeep was difficult. ... The old cemetery monuments were removed and buried in a pond... Today there is one monument on the old Cemetery plot that tells and marks the graves of those buried there so long ago." (from the History of St Louis Church).
Contact the parish office at 419-669-1864 for assistance.